DNS or the diploma in nautical science has been started to provide a comprehensive opportunity to the people to produce a greater number of deck officers for the shipping industry globally. There has been a very high demand for this particular profession and the initial stages of this particular field are very challenging for any kind of program. India is very much successful in terms of creating a good number of deck officers globally which very well justifies that people need to undertake the DNS course at that particular point of time so that they can land up into a very good job opportunity and make the glorious career in this particular field.
Diploma in nautical science is the undergraduate course of one year and this will be consisting of two semesters which will be providing the people with the comprehensive opportunity of pursuing the career as a deck officer. The one-year pre-sea training course will be followed by 18 months of time training along with earning a stipend in the whole process with the help of free boarding and lodging. Upon the completion of 18 months of pre-sea training, the candidate will be obtaining the advanced nautical technology certificate which will further allow them to have a glorious career opportunity in this particular field without any kind of doubt.
The eligibility criteria of DNS have been explained as follows so that everybody will be able to apply for the perfect DNS sponsorship companies without any kind of Chaos:
- Age: The maximum age over here will be 25 years and the minimum age over here will be 17 years on the date of commencement of the course. Relaxation of five years is there for the schedule caste and scheduled tribe candidates along with two years relaxation for the women candidates.
- Educational qualifications: In the +2 class the candidate should score a minimum of 60% in aggregate in PCM subjects which are necessary to apply for the DNS course. A candidate who has undertaken BSC in physics, mathematics, chemistry or electronics with physics from a recognised device need to have an average of 50% marks in the final year and more than 60% marks as a PCM aggregate at +2 level. On the other hand, the candidate who has undertaken the BTech from a recognised university by UGC needs to have a minimum of 50% in the final year and more than 60% marks in PCM at +2 level.
- English: Candidates should have also obtained not less than 60% marks in English as a separate subject at either 10th or +2 standard or in the degree courses conducted by the recognised board or university. There is no relaxation for the scheduled tribe or scheduled caste candidates in the terms of English.
- Physical Fitness and medical criteria: The candidate should be physically fit along with 6/6 eyesight without any kind of visual aid problem and the candidate should not suffer from night blindness or colour blindness at any point of time throughout the process.
- What are the things that you need to know about the DNS sponsorship?
The sponsorship is the comprehensive process in which the shipping companies have already selected people as the future employee before the starting of the training and this very well means that the company will have already be providing the people with a job offer which very well justifies that there will be no need to worry about the placement after the completion of the course. In very simplified terms this particular concept means that people will be getting the campus placement before even joining the college which is one of the most important advantages of this particular system. Hence, there will be no chance of any kind of issue of job security at any point in time throughout the process.
- How can you apply for the scholarship or sponsorship?
The application process for the sponsorship will be beginning much before the IMU-CET exam. People need to be very much vigilant in this particular area along with the criteria of different kinds of shipping companies and colleges because everybody takes out their forms at different points of time throughout the process. To obtain this particular scholarship and DNS sponsorship people need to clear the online psychometric test which will be followed by the interview and the medical ground for that particular shipping company. Hence, the pattern of the exam might be different for every company which is the main reason that people need to be very much clear about the basic technicalities of the things and further in the cases of the interview they need to have a good hold over the technical and non-technical aspects of the whole process. Apart from this having a comprehensive understanding of communication skills, mathematics, physics, chemistry, reflection, questions from GK, current affairs, geography and several other kinds of related aspects is very much important so that people can clear the interview and examine the very first attempt very easily.
It is also very much vital for kids to note down that sponsorship never means that the company will be paying the fees of the education and the good news over here is that educational loans can be easily obtained by people in this particular case from the bank which is explaining that DNS program will be eventually leading to the BSE nautical science degree. Since this is a very common misconception that diploma course is not linked with higher studies in future which is the main reason that we will need to be clear about all these kinds of technicalities to avoid any kind of chaos throughout the process. Hence, the sponsorships are very much essential for the individuals to have a secure future in the shipping industry and the concerned colleges will always ask people to submit the documents regarding the sponsorship along with other personal details in the whole process. Hence, it is very much important for people to note down that government of India has made it mandatory for the students to obtain the sponsorship before joining any kind of pre-sea training of the DNS which is the main reason that being very much clear about DNS sponsorship technicalities is important for people to become successful in this area.