Mouth or oral cancer mostly occurs in people who are 60 years old or older than that. In India, this type of cancer is seen in every 20 per 10,000 individuals and accounts for 30% of the different cancer types.
5 or more people die every hour due to this cancer, affecting the first part of the floor, tongue, mouth roof, and lips. For the oral cancer treatment in Delhi, there are several surgical procedures and other treatments, such as glossectomy, neck dissection, and many more. Here’s a quick look at all that you need to know:
Preventing Oral Cancer
If a question like “Can oral cancer be prevented?” comes to your mind, then the answer is “YES.” So, when you’re already going through the oral cancer treatment procedure, here are some tips that you can follow to prevent it from occurring again:
- Stop using water pipes, chewing tobacco, and smoking.
- Stop drinking alcohol or drink in moderation.
- Make sure to get vaccinated for the human papillomavirus.
- Follow a well-balanced diet.
- Go for regular dental check-ups.
Providing Care During Oral Cancer Treatment
During oral cancer treatment in Delhi, you might feel a bit overwhelmed when you discuss the treatment you get. At times, you might also feel a bit stressed or depressed. Due to such reasons, here are some ways through which you can take good care of yourself during the time of treatment:
- Try to learn more about oral or mouth cancer through books, healthcare experts, or the internet.
- Please speak with an oral/mouth cancer survivor to learn about their struggles and how they managed to care for themselves.
- Keep in contact with your family members.
- Do a bit of workout or go for a walk in the evening or morning.
There are so many treatment options available through which you can quickly treat this particular cancer. But by following the information mentioned in this post, you can easily prevent and care for cancer during or after the treatment effectively.