Most of the parents have a few questions in their mind while enrolling children in Kindergarten and that is,
What will their child learn in Kindergarten?
What will be the Kindergarten curriculum?
How can they prepare their child for Kindergarten?
What are they expected to know before enrolling?
So here are the details:-
They based Dubai International Private School Kindergarten Curriculum on these key areas:-
There are many activities in Kindergarten that develop their motor skills (both small and large). Physical activity builds healthy bones and muscles which helps them to focus better and feel less stress. Activities like writing and drawing develop children’s finger and hand control.
In Kindergarten children learn to get along with other kids and make friends. They play and learn together.
They learn to express their emotions and show empathy towards others.
Language and literacy development
They learn to communicate through reading, writing, listening, and talking.
What Do Kindergarteners Learn?
The curriculum differs based on schools but they do follow a set of standard guidelines for the kindergarten curriculum. Understanding the minute details is necessary as it can help parents to know if their child is ready for kindergarten or needs some preparation.
- Children usually speak words and have small talk or conversations with their loved ones. In Kindergarten school their speech becomes more structured and understandable.
- Their reading and writing skills start to develop
- By the end of kindergarten, most children are able to read age-appropriate books, recognize names, and write all 26 alphabet letters.
- They learn to count numbers and learn their sequence.
- They understand shapes such as triangles, rectangles, circles, and squares.
- They learn Physical education, Socialization skills, etc
Kindergarten Activities Involve:–
- Sensory play
- Story Time
- Water Play
- Sand Play
- Science/ Creative
- Celebration of festivals and special days
How to Prepare your child for Kindergarten
- Every school has a different set of rules and requirements, so the best way is to ask your school before starting kindergarten.
- In Dubai International Private School they have screening sessions a few months before the actual academic year in order to understand each child’s learning needs which also helps parents to know how they can prepare their child.
- If you think your child is gifted and you should skip kindergarten then you are wrong. You can ask the school faculty or teachers if there are some facilities available for the more challenging curriculum or accelerated courses or extracurricular enrichment programs.
Age criteria for admission:
KG 1:- 3 years and 8 months
KG 2:-4 years and 8 months
Why choose Dubai International Private School?
Global Montessori Plus Programme is a very contemporary program upgraded regularly by expert educators. They based the Programme on 5 strong pillars designed to nurture the future capabilities of children. The teachers are early childhood experts who are completely committed to preparing the young ones to take their first steps into the bigger world.
Global Montessori Program for preschoolers in Dubai International Private School
stands on the following five pillars:
- The Excelerate Programme
Here teachers help children get fluent with language through listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in a fun and interactive way.
- Multi-faceted Learning
Here teachers conduct activities to nurture students’ inherent personalities and help their intellectual capabilities to grow steadily.
- iPlay Programme
Kindergarten is all about playtime and learning from them. They designed Dubai International Private School play zone for the children’s physical, social-emotional and cognitive development. Children get the freedom of choice regarding what to play, how to play, and whom to play which promotes independence, interaction, teamwork, and decision-making skills
- iCare Programme
Teachers conduct charity drives to help young ones understand the concepts of community service which is the foundation of strong character-building from an early age.
- Future Ready Programme
Kindergarten provides NextGen Learning to students from an early age so that they can understand and adopt key disciplines of the 21st-century education system helping them in a smooth transition to higher levels.
Kindergarten is the foundation of a child’s learning journey. In Kindergarten, there is the overall development of children such as physical, social, emotional, language and literacy, and thinking (cognitive) skills, so enrolling them to a good school will help them to give a strong start and support them life-long.
It’s your child’s first year of school! Enroll them in Dubai International Private School and watch with delight as your child takes their first steps toward expanding their knowledge, vocabulary, and other essential learnings. Help them succeed in Kindergarten by building their self-confidence as it will instil a love of learning which will last throughout their life.